Policies and related information about use of this website.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by The Pen Museum and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of The Pen Museum. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, The Pen Museum takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Terms and Conditions
The term “The Pen Museum “or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without our consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Event, Venue, and Organiser Information
If you create, submit, import, save, or publish Event, Venue, or Organiser information, such information is retained in the local database:
- Venue information: name, address, city, country, state, postal code, phone, website, geographical coordinates (latitude and longitude)
- Organiser information: name, phone, website, email
- Event information: website, cost, description, date, time, image
Importing Events, Venues, and Organisers:
- All data present within a CSV or ICS file and external URLs (for events, venues, organizers, and tickets)
- Import origin data (URL from where events are being imported—such as Eventbrite, MeetUp, other compatible URL sources, and more, which can include similar or same data as listed above)
- Eventbrite Ticket information: name, description, cost, type, quantity
Please note that to create new events through the website submission form, a user must hold a website account on this domain. This information is retained in the local database. It is also possible to create events anonymously, if the site owner has this option enabled.
When purchasing Eventbrite Tickets, attendee, purchaser, and order information are stored and managed by Eventbrite.
We make use of certain API keys, in order to provide specific features.
These API keys may include the following third party services: Google Maps, Meetup, PayPal, and Eventbrite (API key, auth URL and Client Secret).
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences
There are two main kinds of cookies: “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies. Session cookies only last for the duration of users using the website and are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies outlast user sessions and remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies.
If you would like to find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, please visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies on penmuseum.org.uk
If you would like to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites please visit: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, however we are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
This website and its content is copyright of “The Pen Museum” – © “The Pen Museum” All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
If you feel we have misrepresented or infringed your copyright please contact us immediately.
Take Down Notice
In the event that you are the owner of the copyright and/or a related right in any of the material on this website or have a grievance related to a breach of any moral rights you may have in the material on this website, or with respect to any rights of privacy or a similar complaint relating to identifiable individuals included within material on this website, please contact us providing the information requested below. We will properly review your complain and, if there is due proof and basis for your complaint, we shall expeditiously withdraw the material from our website.
In order to process your complaint promptly, this template should be used to document your complaiynt. This should then be sent to the Complaints Officer at the following email address: email@example.com. our complaint will be acknowledged within seven working days of receipt.
To: Birmingham Pen Trade Heritage Association
From: [Name, address, telephone number and email address of complainant.]
Reference: [Title and unique identifier to which complaint refers] [(subject of complaint)].
Please delete as required:
(1) Infringement of copyright/authors moral rights/related rights.
- The following material is protected by intellectual property law.
[Identify the protected material in as much detail as possible identifying the sites and/or pages and/or location of the material. Indicate the category for protection under intellectual property law (e.g. original literary, dramatic or musical work, software). Specify exactly the extent of use, e.g. by quoting text that has been reproduced] (The Protected Material).
- I/we own or am authorised to represent the owner of intellectual property rights in the protected material. I am the author/director of and thus have moral rights in the protected material.
- I/we hereby give notice of:
Unauthorised use by reason of reproduction and/or making available the protected material; and/or Breach of the moral right because my work has been subjected to derogatory treatment, I have not been named as the/an author, or I have been falsely attributed as the/an author.
- [Specify the nature of the complaint e.g. defamation, breach of confidence, data protection, use of material depicting an identifiable individual for whom consent has not been sought.]
- [Specify the law that is alleged to have been breached, where appropriate].
- [Describe the content subject to the complaint in as much detail as possible e.g. by providing links to identify the specific content]
- [Explain the nature of the complaint with regard to the applicable law, e.g. that an individual may reliably be identified and thus data protection legislation has been breached]
(3) I/we hereby request, with reference to the subject of this complaint, you/I/your organisation:
- Remove it from the website; and
- Cease further use of it; and
- Withdraw from circulation any materials that include it which is under your control.
(4) I/we request that you promptly notify me/us when you have complied with my/our request in section 3 above.
(5) I/we attach/direct you to the following additional information which supports my complaint: [proof of ownership, etc]
(6) The information contained in this notice is accurate and provided in good faith.
(7) This notice is given to you without prejudice to any other communication or correspondence relating to the complaint.
If you require any assistance completing this Template, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.